Allo' Expat Canada - Connecting Expats in Canada
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Canada Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
Check our Rates
   Information Center Canada
Canada General Information
Canada Expatriates Handbook
Useful Numbers
Immigration Information
  Entry Visa
Work Permit
Canada and Foreign Government
Canada General Listings
Canada Useful Tips
Canada Education & Medical
Canada Travel & Tourism Info
Canada Lifestyle & Leisure
Canada Business Matters
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Canada Immigration Information Entry Visa


Passport valid for at least 1 day beyond the intended departure date from Canada required by all nationals except the following:

• Canadian citizens holding a Canadian Certificate of Identity, Canadian birth certificate or a certificate of Canadian citizenship;
• permanent residents of Canada with proof of status, ie. Permanent Resident Card, Record of Landing, Returning Resident Permit (IMM 1288) or a Refugee Travel Document issued by the Government of Canada to refugees who have been resettled in Canada;
• Convention Refugees and Members of Designated Classes who have been accepted for resettlement in Canada and are in possession of valid and subsisting Canadian Immigrant Visas (IMM 1000) where the immigrant category is coded CR or DC;
• citizens of the USA holding proof of citizenship (eg. US birth certificate or US naturalisation papers);
• persons entering from St Pierre & Miquelon or the USA who are legal permanent residents of the USA and hold a US alien registration card (Green Card);
• citizens of France who are residents of and entering from St Pierre & Miquelon;
• nationals who are residents of and entering from Greenland.
Notes: Identity/travel documents issued to non-national residents of the country of issue, refugees or stateless persons are recognised for travel to Canada.


Required by all nationals except the following:
• nationals of EU countries, Australia, Canada, Japan and USA;
• nationals of Andorra, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Botswana, Brunei, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Dominica, Grenada, Hong Kong (SAR), Hungary, Iceland, Israel (blue passports), Kiribati, Korea (Rep. of), Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Swaziland, Switzerland, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vatican City and Zimbabwe;
• those visiting Canada who, during that visit, also visit the USA or St Pierre & Miquelon (a French Overseas Territory) and return directly to Canada as visitors within the period authorised on their initial entry (or any extension thereto).

Required Documents for Visa

(a) Valid passport.
(b) Proof of immigration status in country of residence.
(c) Application form.
(d) Two passport-size photos.
(e) Proof of sufficient funds for length of stay (this may entail providing a letter from one's employer,
mortgage statements or bank statements or letter of invitation from a Canadian resident).
(f) Private medical insurance.
(g) Evidence of employment (in some cases).
(h) Details of travel plans.

Notes: If submitting a postal application, payment must be in the form of a bank draft in Canadian Dollars payable to the Receiver General of Canada. Temporary residence: A work permit is required for temporary residence in Canada.

Persons who wish to proceed to Canada for the purposes of study or temporary employment should contact the nearest Canadian High Commission, Embassy or Consulate, as authorisation is normally required prior to arrival.
Those taking up temporary employment will require an Employment Authorisation, for which a fee is charged.

Persons going for study purposes must obtain a Student Authorisation; a charge is made for this service.

See more information on the next page... (next)




copyrights ©
2014 | Policy